Friday, October 28, 2011

And here's to the weekend....

Since I didn't get a chance to post this week and it's already the weekend again (well almost) I will talk about my past weekend cause it was a very productive one! I made a list during the week of everything I had hoped to accomplish and I ended up completing everything except for ONE item on my list! Here's what I was busy doing:

7 loads of laundry which included (but was not limited to...)
Taking the carseat apart and washing all the cloth parts
Washing the bed sheets
Washing the crib bedding

Cleaning up the piles of stuff off the kitchen floor (these piles accumulated when we cleaned out the party room)
Cleaning the kitchen floor (with the swiffer)
Cleaning the entire bathroom including scrubbing floor on hands and knees (usually I just use the swiffer)

I was so proud of myself when I sat down last Sunday night and realized just how much I had accomplished. I didn't really reference the list during the weekend as I was doing these things so it was surprising that I was able to cross so many things off. It seems that even when I do have productive weekends that it ends up consisting of things that I had not meant to do.

The only thing that I didn't get to was getting more books ready to sell, but there's always this weekend to do that! And speaking of this weekend, I am currently working on another list already!

Now I also did something very fun last weekend as well! I took my little girl to Oak View Nursery Pumpkin Patch in Owatonna, MN and it was a lot of fun! We went on a hay ride, strolled through a corn maze, stuck our head in goofy wooden cut outs and took pictures and played in a corn box! Before leaving we purchased two pumpkins as well. One pumpkin we painted and the other we will be carving this weekend! I definitely would like to take her back next year when she will be even older and able to enjoy even more of the fun activities.

I also had lunch at El Tequila and you can find them on their Facebook link here. They have excellent Mexican food. I highly recommend the chicken chimichangas! Then I did a little shopping at Fleet Farm (completely packed with people and it drove me crazy!) and Target. I was really impressed with my spending and I didn't get things that I didn't need. At Fleet Farm I got a toy for my nephew for his birthday (exactly what I went their for) and that is it. At Target I got washable paints and paintbrushes so we could paint the pumpkin, shoes for my daughter (not something random, she really needed new shoes!) and a pair of pants for my daughter that were $5. These are the paints we got and I LOVE them. I'm sure any parents out there are already aware of these paints, but they actually are completely washable! My daughter had orange paint all over a brand new white shirt at daycare and it all came out, not a hint of stain whatsoever!



Now I mentioned that I was impressed with my conscious and meaningful spending this past weekend, but what I am really proud of is that is is October 28th and I have tracked every single thing I have spent money on this month at Spending Profile. This is an awesome website and I really recommend it to anyone. It's totally FREE and helped me to have an organized way to track my  money. Now that doesn't mean I made all smart choices of what I spent my money on this month, it just means that I have a way of seeing at the month what I did spend my money on and how I can cut back in future months on certain things! I will give you all the break down of my major spending categories for October soon!

I've been trying to work on something else to help keep me more organized. For whatever reason I am a huge "scrap" person. What I mean by that is I write things on scraps of paper all the time. I take these scraps and I put them in my purse or in my pocket or in a drawer, etc. I write down everything. Shopping lists, To-Do lists, things that are going to be on TV that I don't want to miss, cool quotes, addresses, phone numbers, songs I like that I hear on the radio. I literally write myself notes about everything, but not in an organized way. I have tried having a little notebook to jot things down, but then it seems that I can't always have the notebook with me, so if I need to write something down I will grab the nearest junk mail envelope or post it that I can find and what this has turned into is a huge problem. I would say in the past month I have done an incredible job with making progress in this area. While I have still made notes, I have diligently transferred the information either into my small notebook or online and ditched the scraps! This makes my information feel much more meaningful and useful to me and I hope to continue working on this. If anyone has a similar problem or has any organizational suggestions I would greatly appreciate hearing anything you might have for me regarding this strange quark I have.

I have been so busy trying to plan so many events lately as well. These next couple of months are going to be busy ones! First I had to decide what my daughter would be for her 1st Halloween! We finally settled on the most adorable cow costume. I look forward to taking her around in her costume for a little trick or treating on Monday. She also has her 1st Birthday coming up so we had to decide what mommy and daddy were going to get her for her big present and then getting the theme for her party pinned down and getting all of the decorations ordered and invitations sent out. I am pleased to say that as of yesterday this was done! I have a few last minute things to pick up, but the bulk of her supplies have arrived (I ordered them online) and I mailed out her invites yesterday. Then we have her 1 year pictures (and family pictures) to prepare for. I already have the appointment scheduled, but I have to work on getting coordinating outfits. I am getting my haircut tomorrow so that will be good to have that done and ready to go for pictures in a few weeks. I also found two outfit options for pictures for my daughter online and ordered them today. And I have been slowly but surely shopping and accumulating Christmas gifts for my daughter and nieces and nephew. So things are falling together as far as the planning department goes.

As far as the career department, I will have to update you all on that next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment